With thousands of used cars, motorcycles and other vehicles to choose from, eBay Motors UK is a great place to make your next purchase. Keep the following buying tips in mind - and look forward to a smooth and enjoyable experience on eBay Motors.
1. Before bidding, make sure you read a vehicle's description thoroughly and look at all available photos - you may wish to print the description out.
2. You can find out more about a seller by checking their feedback rating and looking through their past transactions. Be cautious of sellers with few transactions and lots of negative feedback.
3. If you need any more information about the seller or the vehicle, you can contact the seller through the "Ask seller a question" link.
Don't be embarrassed asking several questions; they'll be grateful for your enquiries.
4. Make sure that the seller holds the V5 Vehicle Registration Document (also known as the Log Book).
5. Below is a live listing of the examples of classic cars available now.
6. Ask the seller about taking a test drive or inspecting the vehicle before the auction ends, and also how and when they want their buyer to collect the vehicle.
7. For further peace of mind, check the background of the vehicle with a Vehicle Status Report, designed and priced specially for eBay Motors users and powered by HPI.
8. Decide how much you want to pay. To see how much a vehicle is worth, try a used car pricing guide such as Parkers, What Car or Glass' Guide; you can also get an idea of a vehicle's value through a Vehicle Status Report.
9. To get a full picture of the cost of a vehicle, find out about other costs of ownership such as insurance, fuel consumption and replacement parts.
10. Remember, a bid is a legally binding offer to buy a vehicle at whatever price the auction reaches, up to your maximum bid amount. If you are the winning bidder, you are legally obliged to pay and non-paying may cause the seller to take legal action. For more information, read eBay's User Agreement. If you are interested in a Classified Ad listing, you cannot bid on that item. Instead you can contact the seller to get more information and express an interest in buying the item listed
If you found this page useful why not donate a little bit of cash to help with site costs. Its the online version of buying me a pint!